One of my favorite things about church is the wide variety of ministries where church members can participate, learn, and grow together. If you love music and singing, you can join the Praise Ministry. If you love to work with children, you can be part of the Children’s Ministry or teach a Sabbath School class. If you have a place in your heart for outreach, the Community Service Ministry could be the perfect place for you. These are just a few suggestions as there are so many other ministry opportunities.Outside of the main church service, these ministries will often have various events, providing opportunities for church members and visitors to connect and fellowship in different ways. But as we plan, we must remember that it is important and necessary to include the church board in the creating of these events.
3 Reasons Why You Need to Include Your Church Board in the Next Event
- To Advise in the Planning Process: As with all ministry events, it’s important to bring the concept of your event to the church board for approval. This allows board members to provide feedback during the planning process of your event. Examples of items a board could be interested in include: volunteer background checks, liability waivers, and rental contracts.
- To Bring Understanding of Financial Implications: The board members can also help you and your ministry team understand the financial implications of your event. Staying within budget is important.
- To Offer Support and Bring Awareness: Board members can offer support to your ministry and upcoming event by raising awareness to the church members and community. For example, the Safety Officer can assist in checking the area and equipment you will use to make sure it is fit for use. The treasurer can offer advice on how to stay on track with your budget and make full use of it. Involving the board allows your event to receive the full support and encouragement of the church.
- Protection and care of church properties
- Coordination of church departments