Safety and risk management should be a priority in every church ministry. That is why one of the risk management initiatives for the North American Division is on pastoral risk management awareness and education.The pastor is an essential leader of the church who often sets the tone for the church’s priorities. When a pastor values and understands the importance of practical risk management, he or she can lead church members to actively embrace and observe risk management concerns and concepts. When this mindset develops, a culture of practical risk management is internalized and becomes a part of church life. This webinar presented by David Fournier, Adventist Risk Management, Inc. vice president and chief client care officer, explains how pastors can implement risk management initiatives in their churches starting today.
Use these additional resources to begin implementing a safety culture in your church.
- The Church Safety Committee
- The Church Safety Officer
- Starting a Preventative Maintenance Program
- Church Self-Inspection Form
- Starting Your Child Protection Plan
- It's Time to Meet With Your Safety Committee
- What is a Facility Use Agreement and Why Would We Want to Use One?
- Handling Church Litigation: It's Not About Forgiveness
- Preventing Theft in Your Church